I'm a big fan of Indian cooking, so much in fact, today I bring a super food, that is both good and rich. Today a friend of mine, is coming to visit, she is Indian but leaves in France, so I decided to post this recipe in her honor.
It is the simplest recipe ever, and to top it off, I made some gluten free naan (flat bread). Let's start.
This recipe yields 4 portions.
2 cups of dry red lentils
2 cups of spinach
1 onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (mashed)
2 tablespoons of cumin seeds
2 tablespoons of turmeric
2 tablespoons of garam masala
1 tablespoon of ground coriander
1 cup of greek yogurt
1/2 stick of butter
1. In a pan bring the lentils to a boil and cook until done (appx. 20 to 25 minutes).
2. In another pan, add the butter and sauté onions, garlic, and the spices, for 10 minutes. Then add it to the lentils.
3. Turn the heat off, add the spinach leaves and the yogurt, stir well and cover, let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
4. Separate the whites from the yolks, and beat (with a whisk) the egg whites until a stiff peak is formed. Then slowly incorporate the egg yolks and fold softly.
5. In a nonstick pan, add little rounds of the dough mixture and cook, this will be fluffy like omelets, around 8 puffs, 2 per person.
1. Coconut milk can be also use, instead of the yogurt.
2. Tomatoes and ginger can also be added.