So this week, I'm rather focused on making a few easter-proof recipes and this recipe which I decided to call "not papayas bravas" is basically inspired by the Spanish dish, but with some tweaks here and there. No tomato sauce or mayonnaise is involved and I added turkey sausage trying to mimic a chorizo and patatas bravas. So let's do this.
It yields 4 portions.
3 russet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
1/2 cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons of butter
1 yellow onion (chopped)
1 tablespoon of red paprika powdered
1 XL turkey sausage (sliced)
1/2 cup of cilantro
Salt & Pepper
1. In a non-stick pan add the oil, butter, onions and potatoes.
2. Once the potatoes are cooked, add in the sausage and cook for 10 minutes. Season with paprika, salt and pepper.
3. Served warm and garnish with cilantro.
1. Patatas Bravas usually have tomato sauce and/or mayonnaise.
2. To this recipe peppers can also be included.