I know what you are thinking, how can pizza be cheese-less, unthinkable right?... Well do not judge yet until you've tried it.
Some people don't care about cheese (crazy, I know!) or are extremely lactose intolerant so this is the alternative. My late husband, disliked cheese greatly, so naturally my Lebanese background helped me accomplish the impossible a cheese-less pizza that won his heart once again.
In Lebanon we refer to this as Laham Bil Ajeen.
This recipe yields 1 individual pizza.
4 tablespoons of minced meat (raw)
1 tablespoon of onion (pureed)
1 tablespoon of tomato (pureed)
2 tablespoons of tapenade (finely shopped olives with garlic)
1/2 tablespoon of Spanish paprika powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Lebanese flat bread
1. Mix all ingredients together, homogeneously.
2. Spread the mix into a flat bread (thin layer) and bake for 10 minutes or until meat is fully cooked.
3. Serve warm with greens.
1. Originally, tapenade is not included, but I love the fat and salty flavors it gives to the mixture.
2. Originally, chopped cilantro & parsley are added.
3. Originally, all spice is added to the mixture.
4. Originally, pine nuts are added when baking.