I don't know if I have said it before, but I love asparagus very much, is one of my favourite vegetables and I can eat them on their own, but more often than note ... MAGIC!
This is one of the recipe I'm most proud of, because it is pure me... :)
Let me know if you try it and if you like it.
This recipe yields 2 portions.
20 sprigs of asparagus
1 cup of strawberries (halved)
1 cup of Feta cheese
1 tablespoon of lemon (juiced)
1 tablespoon of lemon (zest)
Olive oil (for dressing and sautéing)
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Sauté the the asparagus in the olive oil on medium heat until cooked by still firm, more or less 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Mix in a bowl: 2 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper, this will be the dressing.
3. Serve on a tray the cooked asparagus, top it with strawberry and and feta and pour in the dressing. Toss the zest on top and eat cold.
1. Toasted almonds for a crunch would be superb.
2. Sometimes I make a cherry-balsamic reduction and dress the salad with.