Oh, well! Are you in for a cheesy treat! Let me start by saying that, this was my valentine’s gift to me. I woke up naturally, without any alarm, which was already a gift on its own; and it continued on a great day right after it, with this delicious pizza.
During the week I have a very hectic schedule, trying to juggle many things at once (like many people), many weeks I do my best, but there are weeks that I must prioritize and let some other things just take a second place.
The weekend is less hectic, but I still many times schedule more than I can handle. This recipe is for those days, where breakfast, lunch or dinner must be: quick, tasty and give you a sense of pride, not to mention it has to have the -I deserve these many calories today-feeling.
Do you know the baked puff-pastry with marmalade and brie-cheese? The dessert/appetizer?
Well this pizza is inspired by it. The ingredients for this recipe are things that you probably keep in your fridge or pantry.
You will need a stove-grill pan or alike.
This recipe makes one individual pizza.
1 small flat bread
2 tablespoons of blueberry marmalade
100 gr. of grilled chicken breast (sliced thinly)
100 gr. of brie cheese (cubed)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1. Preheat the oven on 350 degrees for 15 minutes and then turn off, in the meantime also preheat the stove-grill on high for 5 minutes.
2. Oil both surfaces of the flat-bread and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the grill to warm up and get the grilled marks.
3. While grilling the second surface of the flat-bread, place marmalade, chicken and brie, take off from the stove and place on the oven until the cheese is completely melted. Serve warm.
1. Flat-bread can be substituted for: Nan or Pita bread.
2. I used blueberry marmalade because I like the little acidity that brings to the recipe, but any marmalade will do.
3. I had leftover grilled chicken breast and that’s way I used it, if you have any other meat (or deli) like turkey slices, please go ahead and substitute.
4. The cheese is the only things that I wouldn’t suggest changing, brie is a type of cheese that melts incredibly well and goes very well with sweets.