So, we have conquered the world of gnocchi-making (see carrot-gnocchi recipe).
Now, the next-best-thing is to make a sauce that complements the sweet and warmth of carrot-gnocchi.
Let's get to it!
This recipes yields 4 servings.
1 tablespoon of olive oil (for sauteing)
600 gr. of chicken breast cut into thin strips
1 leek sliced and clean
1 head of fresh broccoli (chopped into mouth-size pieces)
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoon of grain mustard
1/2 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
1/2 cup of orage juice
1/2 cup of pine nuts (toasted)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a skillet, sautee: leeks and chicken until cooked thoroughly.
2. In the meantime, blench the broccoli for 2 minutes and drain, keep aside.
3. Once the chicken is completely cooked, turn off the heat, add: the broccoli, orange juice, mustards, sour cream, salt and pepper. Mix well and serve warm on top of the delicious gnocchis, sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts.
1. Instead of fresh broccoli, frozen is an option, but then skip blenching.
2. If you are not to fond of leeks, a yellow onion works too.